|Dedrick Tool & Die, Inc.||Document Number:||QFR-027|
|Title Purchase Order and Conditions||Revision 4.||Page 1 of 8|
Satisfying the requirements of AS9100
April 29, 2021
Scope of the Quality Management System
Dedrick Tool & Die’s Quality Management System (QMS) is intended to comply fully with AS9100. The scope of its QMS is the manufacture of precision machined parts, gages, tooling, fixtures and prototypes located at 2929 E State Road 124, Bluffton, Indiana.
Since we do not design and develop products, AS9100 Section 8.3 (“Product Design and Development of Products and Services”) is not applicable to the scope of our QMS.
About Dedrick Tool
Dedrick Tool founded in 1979 is a second generation, woman-owned precision Machine Shop. Proud to be an American Manufacturer, we make hard-to-find precision parts, prototypes, gages, tool holders, fixtures, insulation boards and component parts.
To utilize AS9100 Quality Management System, 5S and Value Stream Mapping to strengthen relationship with customers, add new customers developing a new service division providing parts to government agencies.
To grow our business adding new customers, diversifying our industry base, doing business with the federal and state governments. Adding additional revenue, increasing profitability, thereby putting ourselves in a position to add new equipment, keep up with technology, and make our business viable to sell or pass on to the next generation.
The Quality Management System described hereafter is focused on the enhancement of customer satisfaction through continual improvement of processes and products and demonstrates compliance with customer and regulatory requirements. This commitment is supported by Dedrick Tool & Die’s Quality Policy:
We will provide excellent customer
service and quality machined parts to fit
the needs of our broad range of
customers and other interested parties.
We will strive for continual
improvement, quick turnaround time,
on-time delivery, and quality components.
- Improve On Time Delivery
- Reduce Customer Returns
- Improve Quote Turnaround Time
- Reduce Scrap/Rework
- AS9001 Registration
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
Documented Procedures of the QMS
Dedrick Tool & Die utilizes documented procedures as a means to define and control the Quality Management System.
Work Instructions supplement this manual in applicable work areas. The Quality Manual references the QMS procedures below:
- QSP-4.0 Context of the Organization
- QSP-5.0 Leadership
- QSP-6.0 QMS Planning
- QSP-7.0 Support (Resources, Competence, Awareness, & Communication)
- QSP-7.1.5 Monitoring and Measuring Resources
- QSP-7.5 Documented Information
- QSP-8.1 Operational Planning & Control
- QSP-8.2 Requirements for Products
- QSP-8.4 Control of External Providers
- QSP-8.5 Production
- QSP-8.7 Control of Nonconforming Outputs
- QSP-9.1 Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis, and Evaluation
- QSP-9.2 Internal Audit
- QSP-9.3 Management Review
- QSP-10.2 Nonconformity & Corrective Action
- QSP-10.3 Continual Improvement
Organizational Roles & Responsibilities
Processes of the QMS
The processes listed below have been defined for the QMS. These process definitions are used throughout the QMS, for purposes such as conducting QMS Planning (ref. QSP-4.0), defining process monitoring and measurements (ref. QSP-9.1), planning and conducting internal audits (ref. QSP-9.2).
QMS Processes & Owners
- Management Processes – President (See Appendix A)
- Leadership – QSP 5.0
- Management Review – QSP 9.3
- QMS Planning – QSP 6.0, 9.1
- Continual Improvement – QSP 10.3
- Context of the Organization – QSP 4.0
- KEY PROCESSES (See Appendices B, C, & D)
- RFQ’s / Customer Orders – QSP 8.1, 8.2
- Purchasing, Receiving/Shipping – QSP 8.4, 8.6
- Production – QSP 8.5
- SUPPORT PROCESSES (See Appendices E & F)
- Resource Processes
- Human Resources/Training – QSP 7.0
- Facilities & Equipment – QSP 7.0
- Infrastructure and Information Technology – QSP 7.0
- Quality Processes
- Internal Audit – QSP 9.2
- Calibration – QSP 7.1.5
- NC/CAR – QSP 8.7, 10.2
- Documented Information – QSP 7.5
See “QMS Processes and Interactions” below for a depiction of the interactions of these processes.
Document Change Summary:
|1||6.0||Revised Quality Objectives|
|2||9.0||Revised Process information|
|3||8.0||Revised Organizational Chart|
|4||Various||Added information for AS9100D requirements|
Updated Quality Policy to include other interested parties, updated QMS processes, chart
And added process turtle diagrams
President: __________Deb Dedrick /s/_____________________________ Date: __04/29/2021___
Plant Manager: _______Josh Turnbull /s/____________________________ Date: __04/29/2021___